Roadmate 9412T-LM

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by tjmethod, Feb 17, 2022.

1. tjmethod

tjmethod

I have a Roadmate 9412T-LM and I tried to perform a map update and there was an issue of insufficient storage. I watched a video where the person went step by step formatting his Roadmate then using an sd card in the unit to fool the website that there was enough space, then installed the update onto the sd card. He then then saved the MAP file onto the pc. after that he formatted the sd card then from Magellan support, downloaded the recovery tool. He extracted, copied and pasted the files onto the sd card. The last step was inserting the sd card back into the unit and turning it on. His unit started booting up with the normal Roadmate logo then it it had him click to start which installs the boot items, the menu's then it restarted and intalled the rest of the files and he was pretty much all set. I've done all the same steps and at the last step after inserting the sd card and powering on, it went to a blue screen where at the bottom it said reading file please wait and below that was the percentage loading. I noticed it went to 100%, I waited 5 minutes or more but nothing happened so I disconnected it, powered it off, then on where the Magellen logo appears and stays there. If I eject the sd card nothing happens. If I hold the power button down while rebooting, it shuts off. when reconnected to the pc, it is not recognized. I tried to follow every step precisely. If anyone cab tell me where this went wrong and what I need to do to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated?

tjmethod, Feb 17, 2022
Ask a Question