Route re-calculation problem

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Recete, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Recete

Recete

As I'm new in this forum I want to thank all of you for your help and advices in advance.
    I own a Garmin Zumo 595LM . My garmin, instead of re-calculating a new route, it insists to go back and take the route previously planned after even passed this road too many miles. Any suggestion to correct that problem?

Recete, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Recete

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I think this is probably happening because you have used fixed waypoints in your Route, If you create a Route with only a Start and destination point the Zumo will generate a path between the two points and if you move off thay path the Zumo will recalculate, But, if you use fixed Waypoints in the middle of the Route these Waypoints must be visited and you will be directed back to any Waypoints you missed

If you want to enter some extra points in between the start and destination you can enter Shaping points (Not Waypoints), this will generate of a Route along a certain path but will allow you to deviate from this patn and direct you to the destination without having to 'visit' each Shaping point

Have a look at the notes here :-
    https://www.gps-forums.com/threads/garmin-routes.46540/#post-226622

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Recete

Recete

Your info is highly appreciated. I wiil ask you another question: my navigation is selected in the “fast” mode. Yesterday it calculated my route of 35 km to be made in 5 hours, and it didn’t change its decision even if I changed my route previously calculated. II don’t know what could be exact cause?? Thank and wish you nice weekend

Recete, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Recete

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

After your satnav (or Garmin Basecamp) has calculated a Route it is possible to view the route that has been generated, by zooming in and out it is possible to see the whole route on-screen, when you do this you may see why the time is so long, it may be that route includes a Waypoint that should not be there or it maybe that the satnav has plotted a route to a distant start point e.g. you are point 'A' and you want to go to point 'B', but you select a starting point of 'C' and a destination point of 'B', so your route will go from 'A' to 'C' then to 'B'

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 17, 2020
Ask a Question