RV 1090 MT-S

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Ted&Lynne, Oct 28, 2023.

1. Ted&Lynne

Ted&Lynne

cant get this to tell me when bridges are lower than the info i put in for my vehicle. i know its my responsibility but i bought this GPS because it says it warns you. three bridges so far

Ted&Lynne, Oct 28, 2023
  2. Ted&Lynne

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The vehicle type must be set to camper (not car) for this feature to work see :-
    https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=2GlJxL57yD4Cscs4Twf2s9

2023-10-29_08.59.57.jpg
    Also the GPS can't detect low bridges, it can only inform you of a point on the map that is marked as a low bridge, so if the information is not 'built-in' to the map you won't get an alarm

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 29, 2023
  3. Ted&Lynne

Ted&Lynne

so just driving around with the map showing(even in RV mode) will not show low bridges? IS there any upgrades or updates that allow for this?thank you

Ted&Lynne, Oct 29, 2023
  4. Ted&Lynne

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Yes it will, IF the data has been built into the map, let us say in your area there are 10 low bridges but only 6 were know to the map makers, these 6 will cause a warning alarm but the other 4 won't, the RV1090 does not detect low bridges it can only raise an alarm when it enters a location it has been told about by the map data

All the user can do is select a low bridge profile eg:- camper (not car) and also ensure you have correctly entered the dimensions of your camper into the selected profile on your RV1090, then you will be alerted to every low bridge that has been entered on the map you are using, NOTE only City Navigator maps contain low bridge data as far as I am aware

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 30, 2023
  5. Ted&Lynne

Ted&Lynne

I have the dementions and a profile for camper. Not sure how to get city data maps on there but I will look for them. There is one low bridge in my area that keeps getting wacked( not by me) so I drove by and didn’t get a warning. I also have myself some room. Camper is 12’2”” but I entered at 12’6”. I will drive around with it in my car to tardy other areas. Thank you

Ted&Lynne, Oct 30, 2023
  6. Ted&Lynne

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The RV1090 would have been supplied with a map containing bridge height data when it was purchased, does it still have this map ?

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 30, 2023
  7. Ted&Lynne

Ted&Lynne

I just did a factory reset and updated it all. I have only done updates so I would imagine all original maps are there. I don’t know how to unload maps

Ted&Lynne, Oct 30, 2023
  8. Ted&Lynne

Ted&Lynne

The few bridges I have run into are on or very close to major roads. New England can probably go either way as far as being updated on maps. Some towns have enough to do to keep the hay out of the road and others only update the new stuff going in. It’s a crap shoot. I will go out for a ride in my car with it set to RV. There are a few real low ones in Springfield area I can check.

Ted&Lynne, Oct 30, 2023
Ask a Question