RV760LMT deprecated aspects?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by KC1SA, Jan 30, 2024.

1. KC1SA

KC1SA

I'm new to Garmin GPS devices. I purchased a motorhome and was encouraged to purchase a dedicated GPS device designed for use with motorhomes (12 feet tall, 8 feet wide, 33 feet long, and 19,000 pounds). I purchased a used RV 760LMT. I updated the device to software 5.60 with the City North American maps. The device combined with BaseCamp is a workable solution. The file structure took a bit to figure out, but it seems when you copy routes/trips to the device from your PC they are placed into the uSD card and then copied to internal memory when you disconnect the USB cable from the Garmin device. Deleting routes/trips is tricky and you have to remove the uSD card first before the Garmin will allow you to delete a trip from the device (in internal memory). So you have to remember to manually delete trips/routes from the uSD card manually using Windows Explorer or another file manager.

Garmin has been less than helpful in trying to figure out two apps that are on the device. Tracker and myGarmin seem to do nothing. On tracker, which appears to be a messenger, can send your coordinates to an email address. When I try to do this a message appears on the Garmin device "There are errors with the following: FJ5ZW59R". I have Smartphone Link running on my Android phone and is paired and connected to the Garmin device and it appears to function since traffic is transmitted from my phone to the Garmin. So I can only assume, for the moment, that Garmin deprecated the Tracker app yet I can find no mention of its use or ending its use on the Garmin site. Similarly, the myGarmin app just displays "No messages available" when you click that app.

I am new to Garmin and I know this is a 10-year-old Garmin GPS, perhaps there is someone on the forum who can fill in the missing blanks for me.

KC1SA, Jan 30, 2024
  2. KC1SA

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The MyGarmin App. runs on the RV760 in conjunction with the smartphone link App. , the user guide says "You can view messages from myGarmin, such as notifications for software and map updates" so obviously if your RV760 is up to date there won't be any messages

Although the RV760 user guide mentions the the MyGarmin App. I can't find any entry for the tracking function, however the smartphone link App. webpage does mention a 'Live Track' option. I originally thought you may be referring to the Garmin Tracker App. but this only seems to work in conjunction with a GTU10 Garmin device

Nuvi-Nebie, Jan 31, 2024
Ask a Question