RV890 Up Ahead Feature

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by RangerRick, Dec 28, 2021.

1. RangerRick

RangerRick

I am on my first trip with my RV890 and just learning all the features. My question today is regarding the up ahead feature. The manual says it should display results of whatever category you have programmed in that are along your route. If for example if I have it set up to show rest area, it will display the next one along my route. If I tap on the screen it will give several results but they do not seem to necessarily on my route and are not in any particular order. Some of the results have a red symbol like an F in the left corner. Can anyone explain this screen to me?

RangerRick, Dec 28, 2021
  2. RangerRick

JGinLA

Red F is for Foursquare.

JGinLA, Jan 2, 2022
  3. RangerRick

N147JK

Are you certain they aren't in order of distance? They should be listed in order of nearest to farthest away from the location you were in when you touched the button - even if the nearest one is behind you. BTW, if you leave the results screen open, these distances will automatically update as you move along.

N147JK, Jan 20, 2022
Ask a Question