Sat Nav upgrade

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Mike S, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Mike S

Mike S

I have a Garmin 1495 T which has served me well for a long time but its now proving unreliable and often will not find satellites.

I am happy to upgrade to a new model BUT I have a potential problem. I have the USA maps on an SD card. Garmin tell me that because this was a download the SD card will NOT work in a new model.

Is this correct as I really don't want the double expense of a new Garmin PLUS a new map sd card!!

Thanks

Mike S

Mike S, Feb 27, 2017
  2. Mike S

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

As all satnavs are supplied with maps from new, i'm guessing you want USA as a second country, it would be cheaper to buy a satnav with say UK and USA maps from new than to buy UK only and then a microSD with USA on it.

If the USA map will only get infrequent use, you could concider installing free Open Street Maps, see link (HERE)

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 27, 2017
  3. Mike S

Mike S

Thanks but doesnt really answer my question!! I already have USA maps on an SD card in my 1495 but Garmin say this will NOT work in a new model as it was a download!!

Mike S, Feb 27, 2017
  4. Mike S

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

So do you think they are lying to you?, you already have an answer

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 27, 2017
  5. Mike S

Mike S

No, I don't think they are lying. Thats why I posted on here to see if anyone has faced the same problem and managed to make an old SD card work in a new model

Mike S, Feb 27, 2017
Ask a Question