school zone alerts

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by patcol, May 8, 2014.

1. patcol

patcol

I recently purchased a Garmin Nuvi 2555. I was disappointed that red light safety camera alerts were not included. I downloaded a trial version of their product for these alerts and am now very happy with the content. However, I still do not have school zone audible alerts. Garmin pointed me to several sites where these could be obtained free. I downloaded a POIloader but when I try to install it on my device I get the message "no files found". I wonder if because I only have the trial version of their program I am not being allowed access to these files. I don't what to do next. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you
    Pat Colombi

patcol, May 8, 2014
  2. patcol

Flyboy

I also recently bought a Nuvi 2555 and didn't realize that there was a red light safety database available. My question is what do you do with it?

Flyboy, May 9, 2014
  3. patcol

patcol

The red light safety alerts are not free. I downloaded the trial version of Garmins Red Light product. There are other places to purchase these alerts. You have to research which product you want to buy. Then you download it to your device and you get an audible alert whenever you are in the proximity of a red light camera.

patcol, May 9, 2014
  4. patcol

Flyboy

I understand how this works, I just don't see a reason for it if you are not trying to run red lights. The camera will not give you a ticket if you entered the intersection on the yellow and it turned red while you were in the intersection. If the light is yellow before you reach the intersection you just stop.

Flyboy, May 10, 2014
  5. patcol

patcol

I'm not trying to run red lights. I just want to be made more aware so I don't get ticketed. I'm in a new area and just trying to find my way around and I can use all the help I can get.

patcol, May 11, 2014
  6. patcol

Flyboy

I googled red light safety cameras for my city and all the intersections are listed along with a map showing their location. I didn't mean to imply that you are running red lights.

Flyboy, May 11, 2014
Ask a Question