Second 660

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by SkootchNC, Jun 4, 2024.

1. SkootchNC

SkootchNC

I've had and used a Zumo 660 for years, so I'm not a complete novice.
    I have created routes via Basecamp, and was able to follow them.
    Sadly, I lost my tried and tested 660 when I failed to secure it one day.
    Fast forward to EBAY, and a used 660.
    Either the seller never updated the unit, or he wiped it clean, and the maps were North America 2012.
    I bought the lifetime updates and updated the software as well as the maps.
    I then started loading my old routes.
    An error appears:
    "Cannot calculate the route,.
    No Roads near the destination."
    The destination is on a road that is well established and on the basecamp map.

On a related subject, both Basecamp AND Zumo 666 are up to date with same data.
    However when I loads some route there is an error message on Basecame claiming ther Zumo has a different map, than the one the route was created.
    I open the route and the route is several times longer and for far more miles.
    I simply open the route, select edit, and faster route, and the route reverts to the duration/miles base camp shows

Thanks

SkootchNC, Jun 4, 2024
  2. SkootchNC

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The maps on your Zumo and Basecamp must be the same, while the Zumo is connected to the computer running Basecamp it can 'see' the map on the Zumo and it can be selected from the map menu in place of any other maps Basecamp can see

If you load a previously gernerated Route into Bascamp while using the Zumo map, the Route can be examined on screen and edited to work with the Zumo map and this new Route version can then be sent to the Zumo

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 6, 2024
Ask a Question