Smartphone Link for iphone (win10)

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Rimmer, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Rimmer

Rimmer

I have been trying to get the free Garmin Smartphone Link app onto my iPhone running Win10. When I go into the iTune App store the only one that keeps coming up is Navigon Europe priced at £61.89 No matter how I search, I cannot find the free Link that Garmin refer to in all their literature.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated..

Rimmer, Jul 16, 2017
  2. Rimmer

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 16, 2017
  3. Rimmer

Rimmer

I do beg your pardon Nuvi-Nebie you are quite right, got carried away with the description of my phone. It is a Nokia Lumia 930 which is of course a Windows 10 phone.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Rimmer, Jul 16, 2017
  4. Rimmer

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 16, 2017
  5. Rimmer

Rimmer

Surely Garmin must have thought this through and produced a version for Windows phones as there must be millions for these phones in use.

Rimmer, Jul 16, 2017
  6. Rimmer

Rimmer

Garmin seem to be an utterly useless company. I have emailed them twice using their own technical help form that is available on their site and had no reply.
    Not only do make a product that is not compatible (so it seems) with a high end Nokia smartphone, they cannot even be bothered to answer emails.
    Had I realised that Garmin was so technically incompetent I certainly would not have bought one of their products. Surely it is not rocket science to make a Smartphone LInk app an Win10 phone.

Rimmer, Jul 28, 2017
  7. Rimmer

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

There are millions of smartphones running Windows, however, if you count up every Windows smartphone ever made, they still make up less than 1% of the smartphone market, I'm sure you must have found the same lack of other Windows Apps. for your smartphone, there are roughly 2.8 million Android Apps., 2.2 million Apple Apps and 670 thousand Windows Apps.

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 28, 2017
Ask a Question