Speed Camera query

Discussion in 'TomTom GPS' started by chrisst2, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisst2

chrisst2

Hi, newbie here, tearing my hair out with my in car sat nav , aftermarket Sony setup with TomTom module.

Apologies if this is the wrong section but I am confused where to put it as I have a Sony car stereo AVX-602BT with TomTom Navigation module XA-NV300BT.

I can add Speed cameras but they show only when I have a route set, but with no sound!
    On my other Tom Toms (Rider/One etc) I can have Speed cameras showing and sounding an alert even when I don’t have a route set.
    I have noticed that the Sony has an option in the Safe Driving menu for Schools & Places of Worship option, this automatically shows as an icon on the map regardless of having a route set and it sounds an alert.
    If it can do it for the Schools & Places of Worship, Is there any way to ‘hijack’ this to get it to show speed cameras and sound an alert?
    Does anyone know what the file is used for the Schools & Places of Worship? Maybe I can copy the speed camera co-ordinates into that file?
    Any thoughts on this gratefully accepted

chrisst2, May 22, 2015
Ask a Question