Speed Limit Setting

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by nvgjfg, Nov 27, 2022.

1. nvgjfg

nvgjfg

I have been a Garmin user for many years. The best feature ever on a GPS is the ability to change the speed limits. They no longer have this feature on any of their units. Do any other brands have this feature? Don't bother responding with - Why or they do that automatically. If you live in an area loaded with automated speed traps you will understand. And it takes about 3 years for any speed limit updates to make it to the maps. In such a time I have seen DC change the limit twice. I am also disappointed with Garmin's traffic feature. It has not been useful for years.

nvgjfg, Nov 27, 2022
  2. nvgjfg

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Are you saying that it was possible to change the speed limit on a road by road basis ?, this information is embeded into the map itself and yes it does take a long time for a speed change to find it's way into an updated map, but you would need a large memory store in your satnav to hold info. on the new speed limit of many thousands of individual roads, it might work if every road in the city had the same speed limit, but here in the UK it is possible to find 5 or 6 different speed limits in the same area and you would need to be able to change each road individually

The best suggestion I can make is that you add third party speedcam POIs to your satnav, these can be downloaded onto your unit and are updated monthly, please note that the use of speedcam databases is not legal in some countries

Nuvi-Nebie, Nov 28, 2022
  3. nvgjfg

Nolaneaston56

Do you solve this problem or not? I would like to know more about this.

Nolaneaston56, Mar 30, 2023
Ask a Question