Speed Up Simulation Mode

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Nuvi-Nebie

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I have seen quite a few posts asking if it is possible to run Simulation mode at more that 100% e.g. a 1 hour drive also takes 1 hour to simulate, On the Garmin Nuvi 56LM and maybe other Nuvis, it is possible to speed up simulation mode. Go to the Diagnostic page e.g. Volume >> Master Volume >> touch right hand corner of screen for 5 seconds or View Map >> Speed >> touch speed (top row centre) for 5 seconds, then select Developer test and tools >> Audio >> Audio / Voice Test >> Set simulator to Max. speed, this will multiple speed by 3, so that a 70 MPH road will run at 210 MPH

857150.png
    Note:- This is a simulation NOT a real drive (UK speed limit is 70MPH)
    and my car does not go this fast :)

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 16, 2015
  2. Nuvi-Nebie

Durango

I have a nuvi 2789. I followed your excellent directions and arrived at a screen where I could click on 'Set simulator to Max speed'. I clicked on it, but my speed didn't increase when I ran a route using the Simulator. I tried different routes and different sequences (e.g., turn Simulator on first, then go to Diagnostics screen; go to Diagnostics screen first then turn the simulator on), but the speed still wouldn't increase.

So maybe this is not a feature of the nuvi 2789?

Durango, Oct 21, 2016
  3. Nuvi-Nebie

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I set the simulation running at nornal speed and then access the diagnostic screen and set simulator to max, then repeatedly 'back arrow' to get back to the map. Does your Nuvi display the 'current' speed limit?, i.e. the '70' in the picture above

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 22, 2016
  4. Nuvi-Nebie

Durango

Thank you very much....that sequence worked! My simulation now shows a speed of 165mph on a road with a legal speed limit of 55mph. And yes my Nuvi does display the current speed limit.

Thanks again..........

Durango, Oct 22, 2016
  5. Nuvi-Nebie

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Glad you got it working

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 22, 2016
Ask a Question