System software gone off Magellan 5235T-LM - Restore / Alternative options?

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by RedMongoose, Sep 27, 2015.

1. RedMongoose

RedMongoose

Hey all,

Have a Magellan Roadmate 5235T-LM that somehow had all of it's system data wiped. When I try to boot it, it just shows the Computer->USB->Device icon, and won't boot. Hooked it up to my computer and lo and behold, all of the system files are gone. 1.76gb / 1.76gb free!

So! What are my options to restore it? Curious if there's any alternative software that can run on these units, since to be honest- the stock nav software is kind of garbage.

Any suggestions / tips?

RedMongoose, Sep 27, 2015
  2. RedMongoose

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It may be possible to examine the deleted files on the 5235T using a Computer program called FreeUndelete 2.1 by OfficeRecovery.com, having installed this program on your computer and connected the 5235T, hopefully a new drive letter will be allocated to the 5235T, when FreeUndelete is run you select the drive letter and then 'Scan' the selected drive, any files / folders the program finds can be copied to a folder on the computer. There are still several obstacles to overcome, the biggest of which is that the first letter of all file names will be missing, so for example the file My-Report.txt would be displayed as _y-Report.txt and you would need to know what the original file name was in order to put it back to it's original name. The other obstacle would be the number of files you would need to restore / rename, possibly hundreds if not thousands, I would consider contacting Magellan

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 27, 2015
  3. RedMongoose

RedMongoose

Tried a similar program but seems the folder structure was overwritten to a point of being unrecoverable. :(

RedMongoose, Sep 27, 2015
Ask a Question