tech support at magellan useless---

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by topo, Oct 15, 2016.

1. topo

Can anyone tell me how to view "Summit series" Canada on my new Magellan 610/VantagePoint? I cannot seem to view the background as a contour map?

topo, Oct 15, 2016
  2. topo

dimonster

Detailed maps become visible at several zoom levels only (depends on map settings). At other zoom levels you will see a green rectangle only. So, try to zoom in and zoom out your map.
    By the way, is the map file not corrupted? Try to give it to me using Dropbox or Google drive. I shall check it.

dimonster, Oct 16, 2016
  3. topo

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

MODERATOR NOTE TO TOPO

You may be may be breaking the terms of your purchase if you upload maps in this way, I would advise against doing so

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 17, 2016
  4. topo

dimonster

Oh, do not worry :)
    Magellan official map files are locked to serial number of particular GPS device or SD card. You can not use the locked map at other device becouse every Magellan device have unique serial number.
    I propose to check map file checksum as described at OSM wiki http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Magellan/Format/imi_archive
    I wrote the small program that can pack/unpack Magellan maps and check their checksum. Unpacked map consist of several files. A couple of this files contain copyprotection info. The algorithm of this protection is unknown. Without this files a repacked map becomes visible at VantagePoint, but GPS device refuse to open it.

dimonster, Oct 17, 2016
Ask a Question