Tee best maps and apps

Discussion in 'GPS Software' started by Mabel, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Mabel

Mabel

Hi all, I've got to admit that my primary interest is not really GPS but digital maps but couldn't find a specialized forum on that subject. As there's a lot of interesting stuff on this forum, I thought I'd try here (but please feel free to point me to a better place :)).

My question is simple (although the asnwer may not be): what is the best combination of maps + app for my touristic purposes? By 'touristic' I mean that I am not interested in 'the shortest route' (in fact for hiking this would be rather nonsensical) and also not in on-line maps as a dataconnection is often not available.
    Starting with maps: I think the best maps available are to be had from openandromaps.org, but I'm not at all sure; maybe someone has a different opinion?
    Then about apps: I'm not sure I'm using the best. I only tried Backcountry Navigator and Cruiser. They both have their pro's and con's and they both vex me with their shortcomings. Is there anything better to be had?
    Mabel

Mabel, Apr 23, 2019
  2. Mabel

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 26, 2019
Ask a Question