The best GPS car tracker?

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by dirtydirtydancer, Jan 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirtydirtydancer

dirtydirtydancer

Hi guys,

I need your help regarding the gps tracker for vehicle/car. I think this is the right section for posting this. If its not, then I hope admins can move it under right section. So what Im looking for is very good tracking device for vehicles and should meet the following criteria:

1) Long battery life
    2) Me being able to see the movements of the gps at any time on the web
    3) Me being able to see the history of vehicle movement, the places where it stopped and possibly how long it stayed there
    4) Having the strong magnet

I need quality devices that work and meet the criteria.

P.S. I have been looking for such a devices online, and I have noticed that many have SIM card so you can send a text message and it gives you the location. I think thats stupid. In that case I would have to send text message every few minutes to get location. Or every hour, but then there is an possibility that I would some location.

I'm thankful and I appreciate any help that you can give me.

Best Regards

dirtydirtydancer, Jan 2, 2015
  2. dirtydirtydancer

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

A tracker needs some way to communicate with you, it only receives signals from GPS satellites it can't transmit back to them, a cell phone (with SIM) is used to tell you the location of the tracker, some trackers also use a radio transmitter for communication but this requires a network of radio receivers (like the cell phone network) so the radio coverage won't extend as far as the cell phone network will e.g. nationwide

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 22, 2015
  3. dirtydirtydancer

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It looks like the Amcrest-1202W will send still pictures (not sure about video) over a cell-phone network when fitted with a SIM card (See Link HERE), Amazon sell the unit for $130 US

Nuvi-Nebie, Nov 7, 2015
  4. dirtydirtydancer

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

MODERATOR NOTE

Please note that any post advertising products including GPS trackers, will be removed from this forum, so don't bother posting them

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 18, 2016
    Ian likes this.
  5. dirtydirtydancer

Forhad Hossen

Wow, That is very nice. Thanks

Forhad Hossen, Dec 23, 2016
Ask a Question