This is dumb

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by matt, Mar 1, 2021.

1. matt

matt

Here is a list of things that totally piss me off about the Garmin GPS

SAVED PLACES:
    There is no way to select and delete a specific place on the saved places list, you either have to delete the entire list, or none at all. Below is the instruction for deleting a saved place.
    The phrase A Saved Location has the context of a single/individual entity

Deleting a Saved Location <---cannot be done
    NOTE: Deleted locations cannot be recovered.
    1. Select Where To? > Saved.
    2. Select> Delete Saved Places.
    3. Select the box next to the saved locations to delete, and select Delete.
    The only option that comes up on the screen that can be selected is DELETE ALL SAVED PLACES. YES/NO
    The only way I've been able to remove a single location from the saved places list, is to manually write them all down, delete the entire list, and then manually enter all the saved places again.

2. There is no way to organize saved places. There is no alphabetizing, ascending/descending order, No way to search for a specific location. Every time save a new place it goes straight to the bottom of the list and remains there with no option to move it up on the list.

3. Even though there is an option in the device to be able to manually enter co-ordinates whenever I tried to do so, the numbers I need to use in the coordinate become blacked out making it 100% impossible to be able to manually enter in a coordinate

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    matt, Mar 1, 2021
  2. matt

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You haven't told us what Garmin unit you are using, it's difficult to advise you without this info.

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 1, 2021
  3. matt

matt

It does not matter what Garmin I'm talking about. Any electronic device in this day and age which doesn't have the very basic options, and or does not allow the action of what is supposed to be able to be done, is an extremely bad design. Even after messing around inside the interface, you should still be able to find the options, an example of this is how I can pick up any cell phone in the world and within 10 minutes, figure out how to delete a single entry or at the very least, get the information on how to do so somewhere online and some cell phones have a far more complex interface than a Garmin GPS does.

I posted three issues with an electronic device that isn't an issue on any other electronic device in the world, and all you focused on was me how I didn't provide what version/type/model. So you asking me what Garmin I'm using, is a direct and blatant insult to me.

No offense, you aren't someone smart enough to continue talking to you about this.

P.S. This wasn't a topic requesting help either.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    matt, Mar 1, 2021
  4. matt

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Good luck with your rant

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 1, 2021
Ask a Question