TomTom Go / Vertix Raptor-i

Discussion in 'TomTom GPS' started by Kblaster, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Kblaster

Kblaster

For info. I bought a Vertix Raptor-i motorcycle helmet intercom to use with a TomTom Go sat nav on my motorcycle. I already use the TomTom on the bike visually, but also wanted to be able to hear the directions. The Vertix Raptor info. states - " The Raptor works with most mobile phones, GPS navigation devices and music players equipped with Bluetooth ". Since the TomTom Go is Bluetooth enabled, and one of the more popular brands, I expected the Raptor-i to work with it - IT DOESN'T.

Vertix say - "The reason for the difficulty is because the Go is meant for use in cars and only offer one-way audio output via bluetooth, FM or wire to your car speakers. This would pose the same issue to other bluetooth intercom headset products. Unfortunately, the bluetooth connectivity design of the Go currently cannot support 2 way communications which means that you may be able to hear the GPS announcements but unable to make a phone call". In fact, the Raptor is unable to connect to the TomTom via Bluetooth so you cannot hear any announcements or speed camera warnings.

So, if you're buying an intercom to use with a sat nav, check thoroughly with both manufacturers before you buy.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    Kblaster, Dec 29, 2014
Ask a Question