Too Much help from GPS

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by Skulldigger, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Skulldigger

Skulldigger

My Magellan 5265T is driving me crazy. When traveling on a State Highway, and my next turn is not for 10 miles, the Magellan constantly keeps telling me to continue straight at every intersection. "Continue straight on Hwy X, in 1/8th of a mile", "Continue Straight on Hwy X", and it does this at every single intersection and is driving me crazy... Anyone have a fix? or know what I can shut off to stop this? I contacted Magellan and they answered a question I did not ask about Blue tooth, which I do not even use. I can't have a discussion or listen to the radio while driving with this thing.

Skulldigger, Aug 19, 2013
  2. Skulldigger

xtc

yeah i don't know about ur unit. i had no voice options. so the computer generated voice driving me nuts. be nice if they had a human voice option.. but no luck.

xtc, Aug 20, 2013
  3. Skulldigger

Skulldigger

I have contacted Magellan twice now by e-mail and they have both times answered a completely different question than what I asked. Obviously, their no customer service is on another continent and they are merely punching in key words.... the wrong key words. I don' t have much of a problem with the voice, it just never shuts up ! Telling me not to turn at every intersection. My brother in law said he would never buy a GPS because it has a woman's voice. Says he has enough women telling him what to do already. Lol..

Skulldigger, Aug 21, 2013
  4. Skulldigger

gpshobbyboy

I don't know about ur unit also.

gpshobbyboy, Sep 3, 2013
  5. Skulldigger

dave61430

I don't have that unit, but most seem to show a speaker icon on the right side. Tapping that should let you adjust sound or mute. To unmute, you simply tap the icon again. The icon should indicate when mute is on.

dave61430, Aug 7, 2014
  6. Skulldigger

Skulldigger

I really don't want to have to disable the sound, I just wish the unit would not tell me to "Not Turn" at every intersection. I thought a GPS was suppose to tell you "When to turn".

Skulldigger, Aug 7, 2014
  7. Skulldigger

dave61430

I've only had mine a couple of days and only city driving. My TomTom also gave meaningless commands like stay left for a bend in the road. Garmin is less chatty and gives good directions.

dave61430, Aug 7, 2014
Ask a Question