Topo usa

Discussion in 'GPS Software' started by Ralph, May 22, 2017.

1. Ralph

Ralph

This is an app I learned about while visiting my son in Flagstaff AZ. The app work great on his phone end what attracted me to it was that it comes preloaded with topo maps for the entire country, perfect for exploring, In his phone whether we had cell service or not it always located us on some very remote trails. I bought app and loaded on to an android tablet same as his phone but the maps don't show up and I am stumped, any ideas why? or what I should do about it? I know with back country explorer I have to preload the stuff I want. but it is not supposed to be this way with TOPO USA. any ideas

Ralph, May 22, 2017
  2. Ralph

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

There are a few different Apps. with similar titles, which Topo App. are you using?, one is made by Atlogis, but there are others made by Gogal,Trailbehind etc.

Nuvi-Nebie, May 22, 2017
  3. Ralph

Ralph

The name of the app Is actually US Topo maps

Attached Files:

Ralph, May 23, 2017
  4. Ralph

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I have installed the free version of the Atlogis App and I can zoom into any area of the US while the tablet is connected to the internet, the App. Only downloaded 6.33MB which is obviously only the main program plus the world map overview, it appears. to only download the area you zoom in on, there is an option to cashe the map if you select the 'more' icon (3 dots), then select Cashe Map, I am guessing this is how you store maps to be used off-line

When I try to cashe the map I get a licence restriction notice, but I think that is because I am trying to store US maps from a location outside the US (the UK)

Nuvi-Nebie, May 23, 2017
Ask a Question