Tracks in Garmin eTrex Venture HC

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by davidmcw, Oct 6, 2011.

1. davidmcw

davidmcw

I am trying to record tracks on my Venture so I can export them from MapSource as .gpx files and import them into Endomondo (an exercise tracking website).

I go into tracks log and switch the GPS from off to on and then begin making my "track" when I am done making the track I then turn the track log to off and save the track for that day and then I turn off the GPS.

When I look at the track in MapSource I don't see either a 'Start Time' or 'Elapsed Time', but the track in the preview window looks great and it does have a finite and what looks like correct length. When I tried it a couple of days ago I saw a path called 'ACTIVE 001', that seemed to incorporate a couple of tracks I tried to save previously, which had a time and duration and a length. The 'ACTIVE 001' file correctly imported into Endomondo, albeit the route was incorrect.

What am I missing, this is driving me crazy...

davidmcw, Oct 6, 2011
Ask a Question