Transfer a track other than the current with MapSource

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by james_t, Sep 2, 2011.

1. james_t

james_t

Is there any way to get MapSource to transfer a track other than the current from the GPS unit to the computer?

I'm using the Garmin 62s, and MapSource6157 running under Wine (that's the latest version that will install as Wine is not recognized as XP SP3 for the later versions).

While for many purposes (such as getting road and trail routes to correct & improve OpenStreetMaps), copying the .gpx files off the unit is a satisfactory solution it's a pain to copying the tracks back to the Current directory and rename them just to get them into the MapSource database.

james_t, Sep 2, 2011
  2. james_t

DRoeder

I had this question myself today (I'm a newbee). I use MapSource and can get tracks into MapSource by pluggin in my Oregon 450 and then File/Open..., navigate to the Oregon, Garming folder, GPX folder, and then select the track and click Open. Unfortunately, it appears as though you can only select one gpx file at a time.

DRoeder, Sep 5, 2011
Ask a Question