Transfer from computer to BaseCamp

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by thistlebarrow, Mar 8, 2017.

1. thistlebarrow

thistlebarrow

I use MapSource to process my satnav information and then file it on my computer. However I would like to be able to transfer that information to BaseCamp. At present I download it onto my satnav and then transfer to BaseCamp. Is it possible to transfer direct from my computer to BaseCamp? If not from MapSource to BaseCamp?

thistlebarrow, Mar 8, 2017
  2. thistlebarrow

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

All files saved using Mapsource can be opened using Basecamp, Although I have to say they could have made it easier to do. If you have both Mapsource and Basecamp installed on your computer, there are a couple of methods to transfer stuff :-

1) Copy and Paste
    Go into Mapsource and open your desired files, e.g. File >> Open >> [file type MPS, GDB, GPX, KLM etc] >> highlight the items you wish to transfer >> Copy >> open Basecamp >>Edit Paste

2) Open File
    Using File Explorer open the folder where your Mapsource files are stored >> right click on a file >> select Open With >> Basecamp
    If Open With >> Basecamp is not an option select Open With >> Choose Program and select from a browse list

EDIT (Added 15MAR2017)

3) Import into My collection (Basecamp)
    While in Basecamp goto >> File >> Import Into My Collection >> navigate to the folder containing the files you want to open >> Click on file (or Control Click multiple files) in order to highlight them >> OPEN

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 8, 2017
  3. thistlebarrow

thistlebarrow

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have tried the first two methods, and neither work

I do not under stand the third method.

I can copy from the Mapsource folder (waymarks, route and track) from my computer, opened Basecamp and tried to paste. But when I right click there is no option to paste. Exactly where on Basecamp should I place the cursor?

I then tried to open the Mapsource folder with Basecamp. But when I select open with I am not given Basecamp as an option. The only two options are Inernet Explorer or Mapsource Application.

4. thistlebarrow

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The first option is saying when you are in Mapsource highlight waypoints etc and then go to EDIT and select COPY :-

ms1.jpg

then open Basecamp and select EDIT and then PASTE

ms2.jpg

There isn't a third option, it is what to do when you are "not given Basecamp as an option" in option 2

ms3.jpg

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 8, 2017
  5. thistlebarrow

thistlebarrow

Thanks, now I understand.

I have transferred the first one

Thanks for your help

Ask a Question