Transfer of trip planner routes to new garmin

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by goldwing08, Nov 10, 2019.

1. goldwing08

goldwing08

I just bought a 61 lmt and I want to transfer my old trip planner routes from a 3590, does anyone know how to do this.

goldwing08, Nov 10, 2019
  2. goldwing08

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

There are a couple of way you can do this, the easiest is probably to use Garmin Bascamp installed on a computer, with the 3590 connected to the computer running Basecamp you will see the Routes in the internal Storage:-

Routes.jpg

copy the routes to the My Collection Folder, and then with the Nuvi 61 plugged into the computer highlight the Routes and with (Right Click) select 'Send To' and point to the Nuvi 61

Alternatively you could copy the Garmin nuvi >> GPX >> Current.gpx file from the 3590 to the 61

NOTE

Please note that Routes will only reproduce the same trip when using the same map, if the two satnavs hold different maps the Route could be interpreted differently

Nuvi-Nebie, Nov 10, 2019
  3. goldwing08

goldwing08

Thanks, I have tried both methods and still can not see trips. i have the newest maps installed on both. i have updated Garmin Express and Basecamp.

goldwing08, Nov 10, 2019
Ask a Question