Transfer route from basecamp?????

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by suzukizone, Dec 29, 2019.

1. suzukizone

suzukizone

Hello, new member here. I have a nuvi 755 4.3" Garmin. When I create a custom route in Basecamp on my iMac and try to transfer the route to my nuvi, I get a message "TRANSFER COMPLETE" but I cannot find it anywhere on the device. I have looked in FAVORITES and CUSTOM ROUTES but nicht, nada nuttin. What have I done wrong?

Thanks,

DH

suzukizone, Dec 29, 2019
  2. suzukizone

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

In newer satnavs the Route would be saved in :- Apps >> Trip Planner, but I guess on the 755 it should be In Custom Routes, do you already have Routes stored on the 755 ?, because it can only store 10 Routes at any one time

While your 755 is connected to the computer running Basecamp you should be able to see other Routes stored on your 755, you could copy them to Basecamp and then delete them from the 755 to make room for new ones

Also Bascamp should show the new file it is supposed to have downloaded to the 755 if it can find it on the 755

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 30, 2019
  3. suzukizone

suzukizone

Hi Nubie-Nebie, thanks for reply.
    1. Does NOT appear in Custom Routes on the GPS. Nothing in there as I have never been able to successfully create one & then transfer it in.
    2. The route is listed under "Nik-1" over on the LH column below "On My Computer" That is the name of a SD card installed in the 755. See attached screen shots. (I was told by Garmin tech to use an SD card as memory of 755 was limited.
    3. Don't see any reference to "Trip Planner" on the Basecamp Screen"

4. As an aside is there a way to "reverse a route" either on the 755 or in base camp so on a complicate motorcycle route I can find my way home again via the same route? Sort of a "Hansel un Gretl" trail of cookie crumbs, so to speak?

Thanks again fro your help.

DH, professional non-tech geezer

Attached Files:

suzukizone, Dec 30, 2019
  4. suzukizone

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I would start by creating a new Route on your 755, give it an easily recognized name, make sure it can be stored and found in 'Custom Routes' and then see if you can find it in Basecamp (when connected to the computer), you could then look through the file system of the 755 and search for a GPX file that contains the new Route (possibly called garmin/GPX/current.gpx)

2019-12-31_14.08.27.jpg

I created two 'dummy' Routes on my Nuvi 56 and then connected it to my Basecamp computer, you can see that the new routes are in Internal Storage, not the Memory Card (MicroSD card)

new-routes.jpg

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 31, 2019
Ask a Question