Transferring track from Garmin Instinct to Astro 320

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by awillette, Aug 23, 2020.

1. awillette

awillette

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to share a track from a Garmin Instinct to a Garmin Astro 320 handheld GPS? A friend of mine lost his GPS while walking in the woods and I am trying to help him find it. He was wearing his Instinct watch at the time so he has his track. He has tried following the track on his watch but it doesn't zoom in and allow him the detail needed. The area has no cell service so I was hoping to download the track to his Astro 320 so he can have the ability to zoom in and follow his previous track more closely. I have tried to share his track through Garmin Connect but Connect won't recognize the 320 unit. I have added the 320 unit through Garmin Express as directed but the device does not show up in the drop-down menu in Garmin Connect.

Any advice or suggestions on how to accomplish this would be appreciated.

awillette, Aug 23, 2020
  2. awillette

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I have read that the Garmin Instinct will work with the Garmin Basecamp computer program, so it should be possible to copy any Tracks, Waypoints etc. from the Instinct to Basecamp and then send the Track to another GPS, you should also be able to connect the Instinct to a computer and directly copy *.gpx files to your computer that are contained in the /Garmin folder

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 24, 2020
Ask a Question