Update 2639LMT

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by fender blue, Jan 10, 2023.

1. fender blue

fender blue

I purchased this gps 6 years and have tried to update but I didn't have any luck for some reason. Now that I have unlimited gigs now, I tried today 3 or 4 times then I got a unknown number call and I finally answered after 4 times. A foreign sounding person was trying to help me. He had me go to www. address and download which I did and it didn't have anything to do with updating my Garmin. I have had these type of things before telling me that I need to update my whole computer system at some kinda price etc. Well, I just deleted him on my phone and shut my laptop down. I didn't trust the procedure. I shouldn't have had to do all that. Enlighten me. I know that it needs to be updated because a couple roads have been deleted several years ago.

fender blue, Jan 10, 2023
  2. fender blue

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The lifetime maps T & Cs states this :-
    You need to contact Garmin and ask them about Lifetime maps, if you download anything or carry out any instructions from an unknown person because they have told you do so, you won't get help, you will get nothing but trouble - DON'T DO IT !

Nuvi-Nebie, Jan 10, 2023
  3. fender blue

fender blue

I researched some more and downloaded Garmin Express and I was able to get everything fixed as far as I know. Took around 90 minutes and it does show the deleted road. I am satisfied amd will install in vehicle today. Thanks.

fender blue, Jan 10, 2023
Ask a Question