upgrading firmware sportrak & sportrak pro

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by graydog, Dec 27, 2010.

1. graydog

graydog

I orginally posted this in the general category; I am new so don't shoot me. I wasn't sure where to post it until I started browsing a bit more.

I just recenlty recieved a copy of Mapsend 3D for sportrak gps units. It is new and still in the wrapper when I received it for Christmas. I know the sportrak series is no longer supported by Magellan.

The Mapsend Software recommends updating to the latest version of firmware. I have been to the Magellan site and notice there is a firmware upgrade for the Sportrak and Sportrak Pro. How do I determine which unit I have? Also do I really need to upgrade the firmware to use the Mapsend 3D software?

graydog, Dec 27, 2010
  2. graydog

gps.pol.pl

There is simple way to do that. Please visit our website: gps-unlock.com

gps.pol.pl, Feb 25, 2011
  3. graydog

jimgerhen

Firmware upgrade

I just upgraded the formware to my sports trak about 2 weeks ago. The front of your device should say Sports Trak or Sportrak Pro.
    If I remember correctly, it didn't matter. Either way, it shold be on the front of your device. Mine says Sportrak Pro.

jimgerhen, Apr 23, 2011
Ask a Question