Used Etrex Legend HCx or new Etrex 25 Touch

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Scout84, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Scout84

Scout84

Trying to decide between a used eTrex Legend HCx for $75 with all original accessories ( manuals, cables, software) or a new eTrex 25 Touch for $165+tax. I’m planning to use the unit for finding points of interest, tracking distance traveled, and finding the way back to my starting point while hiking with my son.

Will the Legend HCx be sufficient until a newer unit is in the budget, or will I save myself a ton of aggravation going with the 25 Touch since it’s price wouldn’t completely destroy my budget at this time?

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Scout84, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Scout84

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You are unlikely to gain anything extra from the Touch so as long as the HCx is fully functional I would go for that, quite often I feel that users that ask this sort of question have already decided which unit they intend to purchase and are very unlikely to changed their minds anyway

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 22, 2021
    Scout84 likes this.
  3. Scout84

Scout84

Thanks, that helps a lot. I was hoping that the HCx would be adequate, but figured that I would ask because I didn’t want to spend money on a used older unit only to find out that it’s so outdated that it would be a waste of money compared to a new “budget priced” model.

Scout84, Mar 22, 2021
Ask a Question