Using/Testing Europe Map in Garmin NUVI 2455LMT

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by UltraFusion, Apr 12, 2017.

1. UltraFusion

UltraFusion

Hi - I have borrowed the above Garmin from my brother in law for a trip I'm making to Spain next week.
    The unit has the CN Europe NT 2014.40 ALL maps installed (and also the CN north American NT 2014.10 ALL map which i have unchecked).

I'm trying to test to make sure the Europe maps work (ie. Spain) so I keyed in the address in Malaga for the hotel...

When I try to "GO! to" that location (from my home in North Am) it begins "Calculating" but doesn't get past about 25%... - and stalls there...

Now logically I can understand that I'm asking a lot for it to map out that exceptional distance / routing - and that's probably why it's stalling...

But my question is how can I "test" that the unit will work when I get to Spain...

I've been told the Garmin was used successfully and worked perfected 2 yrs ago when used in Europe - so it should work but I'd obviously feel more comfortable if I could see it working before I get there...

Appreciate any help and advice...

UltraFusion, Apr 12, 2017
  2. UltraFusion

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You can 'Plan a Trip' with Apps >> Trip Planner, that starts somewhere else in Spain ( e.g. the airport) and ends at the address of the hotel, you can then view the route it will take

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 13, 2017
  3. UltraFusion

UltraFusion

OK - super - that works - although Garmin sure needs to make it easier and more convenient / intuitive for switching cities!
    Many thanks - am quite confident now the unit should work when I'm in Spain.

UltraFusion, Apr 13, 2017
Ask a Question