Using tracks to create a map of my vacation

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Bryggern1968, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Bryggern1968

Bryggern1968

Hi. I have a a Garmin Camper 785, and have just returned from my vacation. I would like to combine all of the recorded tracks in the GPS to make one complete track of where i have been driving this summer.
    I can see any tracks for a single day on the unit, and if i try to use Garmin's Base Camp to make an adventure, I can only use the track from one single day (And I don't see all of the tracks when I try to pick one either.
    Any suggestions on how to combine about a month worth of tracks into one digital map that i can use/display?

Bryggern1968, Sep 5, 2022
  2. Bryggern1968

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You can join Tracks together in Basecamp, connect your 785 and display the Tracks in Basecamp like This :-

join.jpg

Highlight the Tracks you want to join, then right click on them to show this menu that includes 'Join Selected Tracks', select this option to display this screen :-

join2.jpg

Here you can change the order of the Tracks before joining, you will also be given the option of deleting or keeping the original Tracks before the new Track is generated, Note that if the end of Track 1 is in a different place to the start of Track 2 that there will be a straight line drawn between them in order to make the join

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 6, 2022
Ask a Question