[VIDEO] Oregon 650t.. pull my hair out plz help..

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by FireBoxRazor, Sep 15, 2015.

1. FireBoxRazor

FireBoxRazor

I am getting so frustrated... what setting and mode for hiking???? :mad::(

FireBoxRazor, Sep 15, 2015
  2. FireBoxRazor

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

A 'Route' can only follow a road, footpath etc. that is on your 650T, it will not follow a straight line between waypoints that make up the 'Route', so the only way to get from one waypoint to the next in a 'Route', is to follow some feature that is on the 650T's map. In your case I'm guessing that the off road paths that you want to walk along are not on your 650T, so it is taking a 'Route' that IS on your 650T's Map i.e. the road. You need to generate a 'Track' rather than a 'Route', 'Tracks' draw a straight line between waypoints, 'Routes' Don't. You you can generate a 'New Track' in Gamin Basecamp and download the 'Track' to your 650T. Alternatively you can convert a 'Route' to a 'Track' using Garmin Basecamp, Select Route >> [Right Click] >> Create Track from Selected Route, However, the 'Track' Generated from the Route may may not follow the path you want, because it will try to stay on 'know' roads and paths, so creating a 'New 'Track' is probably a better option. Note also that the if the maps on Garmin Basecamp and your 650T are different, that a 'known path / road' on Basecamp may not be present on the 650T

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 24, 2015
Ask a Question