Weird synchronization issue with Base Camp and Trip Planner

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Sailormannn, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Sailormannn

Sailormannn

Here's a weird one that I can't figure out. The scheduled dates on a trip itinerary made using Base Camp Trip Planner when transferred to my Garmin Drive Smart 50 are not in sync. I'm able to transfer the itinerary to my Drive Smart 50 and display but the calendar dates are not correct on the Drive Smart. March 20th on the Base Camp version is March 19th on the Drive Smart. Every day is exactly one day earlier throughout. There doesn't seem to be any way to correct on the Drive Smart as changing the date isn’t an option. I can change the times but not the calendar date.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Sailormannn, Feb 23, 2018
  2. Sailormannn

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I can't reproduce this as my dates are the same on both Basecamp and Nuvi, as far as I can see the date is only used in the name of each 'trip' e,g.
    'Trip to Edinburgh - 20/03/2018'
    So you could rename each trip to correct the date, but I can't see why this is happening

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 23, 2018
  3. Sailormannn

Sailormannn

Doesn't work the same way on a Drivesmart. The date/times are off when I do a plan across different timezones and while you can change the name of the route it doesn't sort it alphabetically so the trips appear randomly on the device. This seems a giant step backward for a newer device.

Another glitch. You don't appear to be able to transfer one plan. Every time you transfer it pick up every plan in Base Camp, so syncing takes forever.

Sailormannn, Feb 23, 2018
  4. Sailormannn

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I think I may be able to help with 'transfer one plan', in Basecamp if you click on the 'Send Current to Device' icon, it will, as you say, send everything to you device, However, if you Highlight an item (or items) and then go to File >> Export >> Export Selection, it will send only the items that were highlighted

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 23, 2018
  5. Sailormannn

Sailormannn

Does the file / export / export selection method export each route then as a .gpx file? You would then drop these into the folder on the device.

Sailormannn, Feb 24, 2018
  6. Sailormannn

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Yes, Highlight an item (or items) and then go to File >> Export >> Export Selection will save the selection to a GPX file on your computer, a more direct way to send just selected item(s) to your device would be to :-
    Highlight an item (or items) and then right click on the item(s) and select 'Send To' >> Select Destination and choose your connected Garmin unit from a displayed list

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 25, 2018
Ask a Question