What Microphone can I use on a Zumo 590 ?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by AWM, Jun 10, 2019.

1. AWM

AWM

Hi All. First-timer, here.
    Using a 590 on my FJR. Have a set of Sennheiser
    headphones mounted in my C3 helmet. Music is great and my phone sync’s to the 590. I hear my music go quiet and the calling number is announced. All sound is through the audio out jack.
    Is there a microphone available that I can add to my helmet, connect to the mike jack, and answer phone calls using the mike jack ?
    Don’t want a biker headset. The music quality is the helmet is too good to give up.
    If I can keep it and still answer calls !! Bonus
    Appreciate your thoughts on a mike that will work for me.

AWM, Jun 10, 2019
  2. AWM

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I don't have your setup so my answer is just an observation, 2 way communication between helmet and Zumo is usually done wirelessly via Bluetooth, so with a Bluetooth to audio module (if available ), you could still use your existing Sennnheisers and add a microphone. However if you want to keep your 'wired' configuration you could connect virtually any electret microphone to the Zumo 590 harness input, here is the specification

http://static.garmin.com/pumac/zumo_590_Wiring_Specs_EN.pdf

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 10, 2019
Ask a Question