What Type of Car Air Vent Mount is Best for a Garmin Drive 50 GPS?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by jdanniel, Apr 22, 2019.

1. jdanniel

jdanniel

Hello, everyone.

I have a Garmin Drive 50 GPS. I rarely use it, but when I do, I lay it on the passenger’s seat. I now have a new car, and will be doing more driving, so I’ll be using the GPS more frequently. I’ve discovered having the device on the seat is not practical anymore. So, I want to purchase an air vent bracket for it.

I’ve discovered there is a wide variety of brackets, and I’m not sure which one to get.

From the research I’ve done, I see there are mounts that use clamps. That appears to be my best choice, because I could also use it for my phone, when not using the GPS. If I understand how to use it correctly. (There are “universal” mounts that apparently support both types of devices.)

Would I be better off with a clamp type of bracket, or should I get something that is designed specifically for the Garmin Drive 50 GPS? When using a GPS, I really would prefer to use the Garmin, rather than Google Maps on my phone. It’s why I purchased a dedicated GPS device in the first place.

If anyone would like to provide me with advice and/or feedback, I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you. J. Danniel

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      261.3 KB
      Views:
    jdanniel, Apr 22, 2019
Ask a Question