Worth the hassle

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by Jimbo, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo

I'm considering getting a portable GPS unit for a 2012 Chevy Cruze. But now that I'm getting closer, I'm finding about about the theft risk and the need to always take the unit with you and maybe even the dash/windshield mount to avoid smash and grab thefts. The cell phone would be less of a hassle. Curious how people deal with this aspect.

Thanks,

Jimbo

Jimbo, Dec 14, 2017
  2. Jimbo

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

If you leave a satnav or the mount in view to passers-by you are increacing the risk of a break-in*, but if these items are hidden in the car, then the risk is the same as not leaving a satnav in the car, because they have to break in not knowing what is in the car.

If car break-ins are frequent, I wouldn't leave a satnav in the car, if they are not, there isn't a problem.

* You also have to clean the 'ring' from the windshield, where the mount has been, the bad guys will know you are hiding something

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 14, 2017
Ask a Question