Zombie routes on Zumo 660

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Briano, Jun 17, 2024.

1. Briano

Briano

Hello,
    I have a Zumo 660 GPS which I have used for a few years.
    Recently I noticed there are waypoints and routes which show up in Basecamp when I connect this GPS.
    Basecamp won’t let me delete them. And when I look at the GPS settings these routes don’t exist.
    I even told the 660 to delete all favorites and routes, but they still appear in Basecamp only when I plug in the device. If I try to update lupine of the routes, it creates a new one by adding 1 to the name.

Does anyone know how I can delete these waypoints and routes?

I am using on a Mac. It is the latest version available.
    Thank you for any suggestions…..Brian

Briano, Jun 17, 2024
  2. Briano

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The Favourites and Routes can be stored in more than one location, try removing the microSD card from the Zumo and then connect to the computer running Basecamp, if the items still appear they are stored in the internal memory of the Zumo, if they don't appear then the items are stored on the microSD card, Basecamp can also show you where the files reside :-

memory.jpg

Notice that there are two 'Internal storage' areas shown, one in Nuvi 56 (main Memory) and one in Nuvi 56 SD eg. the Route D1 to D5 is on the microSD card, Routes and Waypoints are stored in your Zumo's memory areas in files ending in GPX eg:. temp.gpx, they can be found in /GPX or /GPX/Archive on both microSD and main memory and then moved to computer or deleted

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 18, 2024
  3. Briano

Briano

Thank you for your suggestion. I double-checked the Zumo and no SD card is there.
    In Basecamp, I only see the device name, "Maps" folder, then the 2025.1 map which is installed.
    These routes and waypoints appear when I click on the device name.

Yesterday I discovered how to Factory Reset the device, so I am considering trying that.
    .....Brian

Briano, Jun 18, 2024
  4. Briano

Briano

Did a Hard Reset of the device and erased everything. After setting up the device, I connected it to Basecamp, and those waypoints and routes still appeared when I clicked on the device.

I wonder if those waypoints and routes are stored somewhere in my computer storage. Any ideas where they could be on macOS?

Briano, Jun 18, 2024
  5. Briano

Briano

I found the problem!

On the GPS the was this file
    Garmin >GPX > GarminExpressImport.gpx

Looks like the 660 ignored this file, but Basecamp would load it,
    Also, doing a Hard Reset it the device did not delete the file.

Maybe this will help someone else in the future.....Brian

Briano, Jun 18, 2024
    LostAgain likes this.
Ask a Question