Zumo 590 features

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Techdenis007, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Techdenis007

Techdenis007

Good afternoon all. I've got a question about my wifes' BRP Zumo 590 and some of the features involving Smartphone Link. I've successfully got the 2 paired and can get the weather info on the GPS, there are some features requiring you to pay extra for (radar, etc) that I don't need.

One of the features allows you to send a co-ordinate or address to the gps, but seems to work erratically, or not at all. It did successfully send an address and prepare the route goto once. Does this feature not work reliably ?

Other question. You can enter the vehicles' range in km's and reset the fuel fill status, showing your Fuel Range in the data field. Does it actually work ? Doesn't show range sitting in the house, do you actually have to be moving for it to work ?

Thanks in advance.

Techdenis007, Dec 14, 2022
  2. Techdenis007

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I'm guessing that this feature is on an App. running in the smartphone, if so what App. are you using ?

The user guide does say fuel tracking can only be enabled when the Zumo is on the motorcycle mount eg.:-

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 16, 2022
  3. Techdenis007

Techdenis007

Ah ok I missed that part. Will try. Mount is in the truck at the moment for testing purposes. Going back on her sled soon.

App is called Smartphone Link. On an S22 Samsung. It's cool, it seems you can see the current temp on a data field when connected to the phone, weather icon on top gives you the current weather. Very nice feature. Anxious to see the fuel mileage working... might have to adjust max. mileage, bae is hard on the throttle all the time ... lol ...

Techdenis007, Dec 16, 2022
  4. Techdenis007

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Ah, I was going to add that App. developers always blame the makers of the equipment they are connecting to and vice versa, however in this case both satnav and App. are made by Garmin so there is nobody else to blame

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 16, 2022
    Techdenis007 likes this.
Ask a Question