Zumo 595lm - Brightness???

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by pccoder, Feb 25, 2017.

1. pccoder

pccoder

Just bought this. Out in the sunlight, it's basically unusable. This is supposed to be made for motorcycles!

I have it in "motorcycle" transportation mode, I have the brightness turned ALL the way up to 100% and it's still barely visible. I'll attach 2 pictures. One is in the shade when I pulled off the road, the other is in full sun. In the shade is basically readable, but not ideal. In the sun, the product might as well just not be sold. Come on!

Any quick fixes or something stupid that I've not tried...PLEASE let me know.

G0010177.JPG

GOPR0183.JPG

pccoder, Feb 25, 2017
  2. pccoder

Alan McMurray

Hi pccoder,
    I've also bought one of these heaps of unusable rubbish. The only time you can see the screen is either indoors or in a tunnel. It was obviously designed by a gaming machine developer to be used in a bedroom and not for bikers. I had a Zumo 550 for 10 years which was great so how can they bring out a replacement that's so useless. £400 of wasted money. I've tried everything to get it readable including a screen hood but all to no avail. I'm going to buy a TomTom instead. I wonder if "fit for purpose" under the sale of goods act would allow a refund?
    fjrider

Alan McMurray, Jul 27, 2017
  3. pccoder

Shoelessjoe

I have the same issue. The 595 is basically useless in the direct sun.

Shoelessjoe, May 22, 2018
Ask a Question