Zumo 595LM freeing up space

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Baloo, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Baloo

Baloo

Trying to give my Zumo breathing room by deleting unused files from internal memory.

I have deleted unused vehicles and languages. What "Help" files can be safely deleted? Help files in languages I did not use?

Baloo, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Baloo

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

What are you freeing up space for?, there is little point in deleting a few kB if you are wanting to install a new map that is a few GB in size the maps are literally a million times bigger, new maps are better installed onto microSD card anyway rather than internal storage

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Baloo

Baloo

So your not sure either? Primarily wondering about the different language help file, Suppose I could just back up in case it causes any issues,

Baloo, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Baloo

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

OK I'll answer your questions if you answer mine, I would say that you could safely backup to your computer all country folders under /Help except the one you are using (American English?), this will save 27.13MB of the 27.92MB under /Help

Now you answer my questions:-

What are you going to do with this 27.13MB of space you have saved?
    How much free space do you have on the internal drive before you backup these files?

Please let us know if saving this small amount of space has solved a problem

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 5, 2021
Ask a Question