Zumo XT User Guide… a HELPFUL one

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by rndlmn4, May 21, 2023.

1. rndlmn4

rndlmn4

I recently bought a used motorcycle, which the original owner had installed a Zumo XT. I have a couple questions about it, which the PDF manual is worthless at answering. For example, I can’t find an image of the Map view screen, with labels for the various icons. I found a listing of label and definitions, but nothing to identify those functions on the display. Yes, some are obvious. But, others are not. Mostly, places where arrowhead icons appear.

In particular, while navigating to tracks created in BaseCamp, the display of compass direction (normally in the lower right corner of the display) is absent. But, in the upper right corner there’s a triangular arrowhead. When traveling North, it point up. When going South, it points down. And here’s the kicker… when going East it points left, and going West it points right. If that’s not a compass arrow, I don’t know what it is.

Is there another source of user instructions available - Zumo XT for Dummies - that may be more useful?

rndlmn4, May 21, 2023
  2. rndlmn4

rndlmn4

I have since found answers to all my questions. I would edit my original post or delete it entirely, but I don’t see a way to do that. So, here I am to say I don’t need the help I asked for.

FWIW, the issue of the arrowhead pointing the direction it does, is this. The arrowhead does not point N, E, S, W. It always points North like a real compass. When your traveling East, north is to your left.

As for displaying a compass reading all the time, click on the three dot menu icon in the lower right. From the menu that pops up, select Trip Data. The information panel will appear.

Regarding better instructions, I found a link to a page that someone laboriously put together. It’s good, but still didn’t directly answer my questions. The help I received regarding the arrowhead icon, came from a Facebook GPS group.

rndlmn4, May 21, 2023
Ask a Question