Zumo XT won't connect to wifi

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Loopie, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Loopie

Loopie

My Zumo XT just won't connect to any wifi. It sees the various routers/access points, but won't connect. Sometimes it will say it's connected with no Internet, but I don't see it on the router. I even tried removing all security and it still won't connect. It states "Cannot connect to the network. Try again later.".

Any suggestions?

Loopie

Loopie, Feb 3, 2021
  2. Loopie

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Has it worked in the past and has since stopped working, or has it never connected to wifi successfully?

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Loopie

Loopie

Brand new. Has never worked. Waiting for Garmin to get back to me, but I'm not holding my breath.

Loopie, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Loopie

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

If it was purchased recently I would return it to the seller for a replacement or refund

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 3, 2021
  5. Loopie

Loopie

So I took it to the local watering hole, and it connected to the wifi and Internet there with no problem. Checked for updates and everything.

So now the question is, what's wrong with my wifi? I connect many devices to it with no problem. Must be a setting in my router that the XT doesn't like. Any ideas?

Loopie, Feb 8, 2021
  6. Loopie

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

OK so the Zumo can 'see' your router and I guess the next step is to select your router's name and then 'Enter Router Password', do you get to this stage?, if so does it fail the password check or pass it and then say 'Cannot Connect' ?

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 8, 2021
  7. Loopie

Loopie

It connects (sometimes), but states "No Internet".

To specifically answer your questions, yes, it sees the router. Yes I get to that state. It does not fail the password check. Just says can't connect OR no Internet.

Loopie, Feb 8, 2021
  8. Loopie

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

If your Zumo doesn't fail the password check then I guess it has successfully connected to your router, I would expect to see the wi-fi icon on screen e.g. :-
    2021-02-08_15.27.03.jpg
    If you have this icon then I can see only two possible causes of 'No Internet', one is that the router does not have a good connection to the internet, which can be proved by trying to access the internet via the router from a computer / smartphone etc.

The second possible cause is that the router is resticting access to the internet just for the Zumo and allowing other internet traffic, possible reasons for your router resticting internet access for the zumo include parental control settings, QoS (Quality of Service) settings or some other router service limiting option

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 8, 2021
  9. Loopie

Loopie

I'm an idiot. Apparently, I had MAC filtering turned on. That's why it would connect but not reach the Internet. Turned it off, BOOM. Everything works great. Thank you everyone for trying to help. Sorry I wasted your time.

Loopie, Feb 8, 2021
Ask a Question