ZUMO XT

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by BobMyers, Dec 3, 2023.

1. BobMyers

BobMyers

Just bought a Zumo xt and while setting it up one of the steps was to connect it to wifi. Even though my computer sits less than 3 foot from the router/wifi it did not discover it. Pulled my phone out and it discovered almost instantly. Went to garage and got my rand McNally GPS and it too knows the wifi is transmitting. Owners manual is a waste of ink, no ideas where to look or what to look for using that as a guide

BobMyers, Dec 3, 2023
  2. BobMyers

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The Wifi link is between the Zumo and your router, so I would suggest that you try out the Zumo's wifi while it is near your router and not wired to your computer or anything else, when the Zumo scans for available Wifi networks does it find any ?, maybe a neighbour's router

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 4, 2023
  3. BobMyers

BobMyers

It was NOT connected via charging wire when I was trying to discover wifi. I did a reset and let it search again and it found wifi, problem now is it will not correctly recognize the password

BobMyers, Dec 4, 2023
  4. BobMyers

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

One possiblity is that the Zumo has stored an incorrect password for your router, this results in you not being given the option to re-enter the correct password, if this is the case there may be a option to 'Forget' the entry in the Zumo, this will then allow you to re-enter the password

You could also try powering off your router waiting for it to re-initialise and then trying again

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 5, 2023
    BobMyers likes this.
Ask a Question