Application to reorder and join tracks?

Discussion in 'GPS Software' started by Winfried, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Winfried

Winfried

Hello

Some of the GPX files I find on the Net may have multiple segments in a track, multiple tracks in a single GPX, and have a route spread over multiple GPX files.

To make matters worse, some segments are in the wrong order; I assume the person rode those on different days, and put the segments together without paying attention to order.

So I'm looking for a (Windows) application that makes it easy to…
    1. open GPX files (at least one, but it'd be even better if it could load more than one simultaneously, to make it easier to work on a route that spreads over multiple files
    2. let met reorder segments though drag 'n drop
    3. and finally, let me select all the segments and join them in to a single track, ready to be saved as a new GPX file.

Without knowing much about GPX, I tried GPS Track Editor, GpsPrune, and Garmin BaseCamp, all to no avail. Did I miss something, or should I look at yet another application?

Thank you.

Ps: Here's a screenshot of a GPX file where segments are in the wrong order
    GPS.Track.Editor_GPX.reorder.join.tracks.png

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Winfried, Mar 14, 2017
  2. Winfried

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You can do this in Garmin Basecamp :-

1) Import into My collection (Basecamp)
    While in Basecamp goto >> File >> Import Into My Collection >> navigate to the folder containing the files you want to open >> Click on file (or Control Click multiple files) in order to highlight them >> OPEN

2) Edit Tracks
    Double click on a Track >> A new window will be opened showing details of the Track >> Delete any parts of the Track you don't want or click on INVERT to flip start and end points etc.

3) Join Tracks
    click on a Track to Highlight it >> Control Click on a second Track (two tracks now highlighted) >> Right Click one of the Tracks >> Advanced >> Join the Selected Tracks

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 15, 2017
  3. Winfried

Winfried

Thanks !

Winfried, Mar 15, 2017
Ask a Question