Driveassist 51

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Larry, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Larry

Larry

I recently acqired a used DriveAssist 51. I am having some issues with voice command. One of them is that when I select find address, the machine turns off snd restarts.

Larry, Dec 31, 2023
  2. Larry

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I would make sure the unit is up to date for both maps and software using Garmin Express and if that doesn't fix the problem try a factory reset by holding the power button for 12 seconds and accepting the reset option

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 31, 2023
  3. Larry

Larry

I have re-set more than once and again moments ago, but the issue remains. All of the other voice commands such as "find City", "view map" etc. work. The issue only relates to "Find Address". If instead of using "Voice Command", I manually navigate to "address", and select it, there are no issues.

Larry, Dec 31, 2023
  4. Larry

Larry

One other point, after I enter "Find Address" using the voice command, the system responds with "Speak an address", and then it shuts down.

Larry, Dec 31, 2023
  5. Larry

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Have you checked that you have the latest maps and software using Garmin Express ?

Nuvi-Nebie, Jan 1, 2024
  6. Larry

Larry

It would be interesting if someone with a Driveassist 51, and with full updated files, were to see if they could perform this test successfully:
    1. "Vice command"
    2. "Find address"

Larry, Jan 1, 2024
  7. Larry

Rambling Ron

I had the same thing with my Driveassist 50. I'd turn it of and it would restart. It turn out I linked it to my phone. Once I unlinked it it worked normally.

Rambling Ron, Jan 8, 2024
  8. Larry

Larry

What I have learned since my original post is that the voice command "Find Address", does not work in Canada. I have learned this from Garmin support. Since the product was discontinued quite some time ago, there will not be a fix for this. If by chance someone in Canada has had the same issue and has somehow found a fix for it, please post the solution.

Larry, Jan 11, 2024
Ask a Question