Drivesmart 60 LMT

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Calvincat, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Calvincat

Calvincat

Hi, I just got a Drivesmart 60LMT. I acquired it from an auction. Did a map update. Would only do CN 2024.10 North America & Canada East. Did not give me the option of choosing a different region. Went ahead and updated using Garmin Express wanted an SD card so I installed a 32GB card. Talked to Garmin about getting map options to show up and they told me to format the card. Now Garmin Express is telling me there isn't enough internal memory for the update and it;s not asking for an SD card like it was before. Any ideas? Jim

Calvincat, Feb 14, 2023
  2. Calvincat

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

There is an option in Garmin Express to install maps to 'Computer Only', this gets around any memory size issues, once installed to your computer the maps can be viewed using Garmin Basecamp and then sent to the Drivesmart 60 using it's Install Maps option, this is much better than using Express to install maps because you can 'see' available space on both internal and microSD memory, choose where to send maps and also select smaller areas of a map if there is insufficient space for the whole map

MicroSD cards need to be formatted as FAT32 before they can be used by your satnav

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 15, 2023
Ask a Question