eGarmin Drive Smart 61 MLT-S Navigation Issue

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by musicman, Apr 3, 2020.

1. musicman

musicman

I just used my Garmin 61 for the first time and was generally impressed how it responded until I deliberatly took a wrong turn to see how the Garmin 61 would respond. There was no verbal or correction warning or "recalculating" as there had been on my previous Garmins. At the next intersection the voice said "turn right". Shortly after I tried creating another error in my route and there was no audio message but at the top of the screen "make a uturn". If I had been in a strange city and did not know my way, I would be concentrating on the traffic 1st and the map 2nd awaiting a verbal correction. Is this now not possible? I hope so. I have not been able to read the manual yet. I hope there is a fix for something so important. Musicman

musicman, Apr 3, 2020
  2. musicman

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It has been reported that when 'Recalculating' is displayed on-screen is not always 'said' as a voice, however I would expect all original and changed turn instructions to be 'said' including 'Make a U-Turn', recalculating can take some processing power so I guess the unit could have been 'busy', or maybe another voice message was being processed e.g. 'Approaching destination on left'

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 4, 2020
Ask a Question