Garmin Drive Smart 61 Save Problem

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by musicman, May 31, 2020.

1. musicman

musicman

I have owned several Garmin Gps units prior to buying my Drive Smart 61. I find the 61 is not as user friendly. After searching and finding an address I have trouble saving it. I cannot find the "save" option. The address
    is highlighted and listed at the top of the screen but there is no indication what to do from there except click on GO. Also I noticed in exploring different settings, if I wanted to remove a saved address, the option says "remove all saved addresses". I looked in the manual but it also seemed confusing. Anyway any help would be appreciated.
    musicman

musicman, May 31, 2020
  2. musicman

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

On my Nuvi 56, if I search an address I get a screen like Fig 1
    19137.png
    FIG 1
    From here you can select the centre Info. 'i' icon to get a screen like fig 2
    106589-2.jpg
    Fig 2
    However, sometimes I only get the 'Go' option and the Blue flag is a green heart, If you don't get the save option tap on the right hand side Map area to make it full screen like Fig 3
    32297.png
    Fig 3
    Zoom in with the '+' option and then touch the Heart (or flag), you should then be given a screen with a Save option like Fig 2

I think the different options occur depending on whether the satnav has a satellite 'fix' or not

Nuvi-Nebie, May 31, 2020
Ask a Question