Garmin Drive Smart 61 Update

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by batty2813, Jan 23, 2024.

1. batty2813

batty2813

Hello All,
    I have just carried out a Software update on my Drive smart 61 only to find that the speech command is now not working when before it was working well.
    On the voice command part then find address works well but when you say the address it stalls for ages and then reverts to the first screen NO MATTER WHAT ADDRESS YOU SAY, Is there an option on this device to revert to the old setting or are people having the same problem or even a factory reset?

Regards David

batty2813, Jan 23, 2024
  2. batty2813

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Garmin don't provide any online service to downgrade your unit as far as I am aware, they have been known to supply a file to individual customers which does this, the downgrade file is named GUPDATE. GCD and is placed in the /Garmin folder of your unit, if this file contains an older version of software the user will see a warning messsage before proceeding

So a downgrade is possible IF you can obtain the correct GCD file, see link here :-
    https://www.gps-forums.com/threads/latest-update-made-nuvi-2595-useless.47997/#post-231619

Nuvi-Nebie, Jan 24, 2024
Ask a Question