GarminGPSmap64s

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Lugwalker, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Lugwalker

Lugwalker

On the list of tracks on my GPSmap64s which I've created or recorded I have one track which is simply named 'Track'. When I try to open it nothing happens. When I try to delete it nothing happens. When I try to add another track it's not accepted. Does anyone know how I can get rid of 'Track'? Thank you.

Lugwalker, Dec 26, 2021
  2. Lugwalker

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Q1) Do you get to the screen that displays the 'list of Tracks' by entering Menu > > Menu > > Track Manager ?

Q2) When you say you try to add another Track do you mean you try to download another Track to the 64s from a computer ?

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 26, 2021
  3. Lugwalker

Lugwalker

I can go to the screen that displays all the tracks that I've added or recorded. On that list there's a track which is named 'TRACK''. When I press 'Enter' on TRACK I see 'View Map' 'Set colour' etc., but when I highlight one of the items and press 'Enter' nothing happens. I can't progress any further than TRACK. I can work with any of the other tracks, but 'Track' is dead and I can't delete it from my list of tracks. I need to know how to delete it because the usual process of deleting tracks doesn't work on TRACK.

Lugwalker, Dec 28, 2021
  4. Lugwalker

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You didn't answer either of the questions in post #2

I created a single Track using Garmin Basecamp, I named the Track 'My-track-01', I then sent this track to my GPSMap64s, this created a file on the 64s under /Garmin/GPX called Track.gpx, when I go to 64s >> MENU >> MENU >> Track Manager I can see a Track called 'My-track-01', my guess is that you have sent a Track file to your 64s that either contains no Track data or it is corrupted, this has created a file on your 64s called 'Track.gpx'

I would copy the Track.gpx file from your 64s on to your computer and then delete the Track.gpx file from your 64s (DO-NOT delete or change any other files), you can examine the Track.gpx file that is on your computer using Garmin Basecamp, you can also re-name this file from Track.gpx to Track.txt and then examine it's contents using a text viewer / editor

Garmin-Tracks.jpg

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 28, 2021
  5. Lugwalker

Lugwalker

Thank you.

Using my pc I to view the list of gpx tracks on my gps I found that TRACK was not on the list, even though TRACK appeared on my gps itself.

However, I did take note of the tracks before and after TRACK on my Garmin view of my gpx files which gave me an idea of where TRACK might be on my gps. I then went again into my pc and opened my list of gpx tracks on my gpx files list. Track was not visible on the list, so I deleted the two tracks which I had determined were either side of TRACK. I then disconnected my gps and restarted it. I'm happy to report that TRACK was now gone from my GPSmap64s.

Because I had previously saved externally the two tracks I suspected to be on either side of TRACKS on my gps I was able to return them to my gps where they were not hindered by the presence of the file 'Track'.

So far all is well.

Lugwalker, Dec 28, 2021
Ask a Question